// Ecommerce/Web-development Practice Leader in Kyiv
PulsarFour, international digital commerce agency specializing in e-commerce marketing and technology services for online retailers in the US and in Europe, is actively growing in all of its markets and is expanding operations. Our headquarters are in San Francisco Bay Area, the US, the European operations are based in Munich, Germany; our delivery and marketing teams are located in Ukraine (Kyiv, Chernihiv, Chernivtsi) and Poland (Warsaw).
We are hiring a person for an eCommerce/Web-development Practice Leader position based in Kyiv, Ukraine. The person in this role will be responsible for managing all aspects of one of Professional Services Practice focused on developing eCommerce solutions in a very intense and high paced environment of a rapidly growing company.
Candidate, having technical & development background him/herself, would be a competent manager for the engineering team and a strategist working with Delivery management on the future technological and business/service development of Practice.
Passion for and strong competency in developing engineering talents is key to this position. The person we are seeking is a strong day-to-day operations manager with a “can do” driver attitude who anticipates upcoming issues related to growth, projects delivery efficiency, organization capacity, expansion of competencies and skills and works with his/her peers on resolving such issues.
- Lead and manage software development team dedicated to Practice;
- Develop and maintain a positive organizational and team culture;
- Distribute/rotate developers across Projects, based on skills required and keeping transparent and honest principals of people distribution/rotation;
- Monitor team performance and effectiveness working with Project Managers and Project Team Leaders, undertake staff appraisals, provide coaching, support and individual development planning of their skills;
- Manage and improve training and coaching strategies and training content related to Practice;
- Participate in hiring process: qualify Practice needs in quantity and technical skills, initiate vacancies allocations, interview qualified candidates;
- Build metrics for reporting/analytics to track engineering team performance;
- Optimize the engineering team and external partner capacity to maximize development throughput while upholding a high standard of quality;
- Collaborate with the Delivery management team and other groups to identify opportunities and risks for delivery, opportunities for innovation and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles;
- Maintain open communication with leadership, team members, and customers.
- University degree in Computer Science / Engineering (MS/MBA degree is an advantage);
- 3+ years of work experience in similar roles with increasing responsibility;
- 5+ years of experience successfully leading teams of creative, driven software engineers. Team leadership in a startup environment will be a plus;
- Practical experience in:
- staffing, delivery capacity planning/forecasting;
- setting up and managing delivery teams;
- driving training & development programs;
- establishing metrics and KPIs for software delivery organization;
- Decision-making skills — the ability to rationale pros and cons of each decision;
- Problem-solving skills — recognize problems and opportunities and take appropriate actions to solve the problems and/or capitalize the opportunities;
- Effective time management;
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Advanced English.
- Experience and understanding of Magento platform, PHP, e-commerce, SalesForce Commerce Cloud – would be a huge plus;
- Challenging projects and tasks, cutting edge technologies;
- Great opportunities for professional and career growth;
- Competitive salary;
- Wide benefits package: paid sick leaves, medical insurance, English courses, sports hobbies compensation;
- Convenient office location;
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Business trips abroad;
- Professional certification, regular internal and external trainings;
- Experience implementing professional e-commerce solutions for top global brands.
If you are interested in our vacancy, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to see you in our friendly team!
PulsarFour LLC. is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, limited abilities or disability, veteran, or any other legally protected status. This policy is established and administered in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws.